Check out the News & Notes for April 2021, with a look ahead at what’s happening at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, along with a review of some of the recent changes and news from the park.
Admission Offers: See our Busch Gardens Tampa Special Offers page for available sales on admission. Current offers include discounted single & multi-day tickets.
Pass Member Offers: See our Busch Gardens Tampa Special Offers page for available pass member offers including an exclusive sampler lanyard offer as part of the 2021 Food & Wine Festival and a free souvenir cup with beverage purchase at the new Giraffe Bar (see more below).
Special Events: The 2021 Busch Gardens Tampa Food & Wine Festival is underway and runs on weekends through April 25. For more on the event, see the article below.
Scheduled Refurbishments & Closures: Phoenix remains closed indefinitely, as it has since April of 2018. Several rides will have refurbishments this month including, Snuffy’s Elephant Romp (April 12 – 16), SandSerpent (April 19 – 23), and Big Bird’s Whirly Birdie (April 26 – April 30).
The following attractions are also currently closed and do not have a reopening date scheduled:
- Cookie Monster Canopy Crawl
- Cookie Monster Cloud Bounce
- Elmo’s Treehouse Trek
- Slimey’s Sahara Sand
- Telly’s Jungle Jam
- Treetop Trails (including water play area)
- Wild Surge
In addition to the closures above, some attractions, restaurants, and shops are only operating certain days and/or with reduced hours. For more information, visit our Busch Gardens Tampa Crowd Calendar page.
Food & Wine Festival Underway
The 7th annual Food & Wine Festival kicked off on February 20 and will continue on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through April 25. The event features 24 special culinary locations serving up around 100 appetizer-sized dishes, and a variety of wine, beer, and cocktails. Headline concerts are back on the main stage on Saturdays & Sundays.
Giraffe Bar Opens
While taking in panoramic views of African animals on the Serengeti Plain, guests can enjoy a curated selection of frozen specialty drinks, hand-crafted cocktails, Florida craft beers, and domestic favorites from the one-of-a-kind Giraffe Bar located inside Serengeti Overlook, near Cheetah Hunt.
The menu features a selection of wines and spirits that support wildlife conservation efforts around the world. The spacious indoor/outdoor venue offers shaded and air-conditioned comfort, with plenty of space for physical distancing. The Giraffe Bar also features multiple TVs so sports fans can ROAR for their favorite teams when taking a break from the park’s world-class roller coasters and amazing animal experiences.
The Giraffe Bar features a chef- and mixologist-curated selection of cocktails and bites that guests can only get at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. These unique offerings include:
- Frozen specialty cocktails such as the “The Hungry Tusker,” featuring Amarula African Cream Liqueur (a South African favorite made with the fruit of the African marula tree), Hula Hawaiian Dark Rum, Coconut and Pineapple flavors. This cocktail will satisfy more than thirst: the Amarula Trust Conservation Fund safeguards and protects African Elephants in the wild.
- Sparkling cocktails on draft including the refreshing “Thorn and Berry,” inspired by the bar’s namesake giraffes that strip thorns off of branches to eat leaves, and the “Masai Margarita,” named after the Masai, the largest species of giraffe native to East Africa.
- Proud Pour wines which support wildlife and wild places, including “Save the Bees” Pinot Noir from Oregon, and “Save the Oceans” Sauvignon Blanc from California.
- Non-alcoholic beverages for all ages, including refreshing juices available on tap which can be served in a refillable, limited edition giraffe souvenir cup.
- Chef-crafted menus offer a range of shareable savory bites, including bourbon-glazed sticky wings, braised brisket mac and cheese, and smoked brisket-loaded French fries.
- In a nod to the bar’s herbivore namesake, guests can graze on vegetarian-friendly shareable items, including loaded hummus and fresh oversized Bavarian soft pretzels.
- Flights of specially selected local craft brews (the “Toucan” and the “Safari Graze”) presented on an Instagram-worthy hand-carved giraffe tasting paddle.
Pass Members get the VIP treatment, with a free collectible Giraffe Bar color-changing pilsner with the purchase of a frozen cocktail or draft beer any Monday through Thursday by April 29th (while supplies last – currently listed as sold out on the website as of April 10).
In addition to the new Giraffe Bar, Serengeti Overlook is home to the newly redesigned and reimagined Oasis Pizza, serving favorites such as handmade pizza, chicken tenders, fresh salads, and freshly baked desserts.
For the latest on Busch Gardens Tampa and other theme parks, attractions, and more across the region, be sure to follow Touring Central Florida on Twitter @androckb & @TourCentralFL, and like our Facebook page.