Created especially for the youngest members of the family, kids and parents alike can join in the springtime fun at Busch Gardens’ Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends, including an ALL-NEW weekend celebrating everyday heroes. Included in park admission, guests can take part in safe family fun with modified operations for everyone’s health and safety, including:
- Open-air activities with plenty of space for physical distancing in the Sesame Street Safari of Fun play area plus even more room to explore and play with special activities on the Festival Field.
- Protective face coverings required for all guests age 2 and older.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of surfaces and ample availability of hand sanitizer.
- Individually distributed, single-use supplies for crafts, scavenger hunts, and more.
Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends will be held each Saturday and Sunday from May 1 – May 23, special activities are offered from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Guests can enjoy themed, daily storytimes and outdoor, live performances of “Let’s Play Together” at the Sunny Days Theater in Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Additional open-air springtime festivities include:
- NEW Sunny Days Mural: Artists big and small will have the opportunity to share the masterpieces they create in the craft tent at our ALL-NEW kid-friendly art display on the Festival Field.
- NEW Sesame Street Photo Opportunities: Enjoy physically distanced photo opportunities with the Sesame Street gang at 1-2-3 Smile with Me. Plus, don’t miss the ALL-NEW Cookie Monster’s Foodie Truck selfie spot on the Festival Field!
- Springtacular Maze: Families can enjoy springtime fun with each twist and turn of the flower-filled path on the Festival Field.
- Furry Friends Dance Party: Guests can move and groove with everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends during this physically distanced interactive dance party in the Sesame Street Pavilion!
- Special visits with Busch Gardens’ animals: From fur and feathers to scales and shells, exciting animal visitors will be stopping by for unique moments of learning and discovery on the Festival Field.
Families will want to return to the park again and again to enjoy new themed activities celebrating their Sesame Street friends each weekend, including:
Rubber Duckie Weekend, May 1 & 2: Help Ernie reunite with his bath time buddy, Rubber Duckie, in an outdoor scavenger hunt and collect a special prize. Bert and Ernie will also make special appearances at dance parties and the 1-2-3 Smile with Me photo location.
Cookie Monster Weekend, May 8 & 9: C is for cookie! Search for Cookie Monster’s favorite treat during this fun-filled weekend, where kids can also decorate a wearable cookie crown craft. Don’t forget to take a selfie by Cookie Monster’s Foodie Truck!
Elmo Weekend, May 15 & 16: Kids will have a blast helping Elmo and Dorothy find their fish friends throughout the Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Families can also sing and dance along with Elmo at the Sesame Street Pavilion.
NEW! Everyday Heroes Weekend, May 22 & 23: Celebrate everyday heroes during the event’s final weekend. Guests will have a chance to join the Everyday Heroes Club by earning special badges for Bravery, Helping, Manners, and more! Police officers, firefighters, and other local heroes will be honored during this community celebration, which will feature special guests and emergency vehicles for this weekend only!
SAFETY: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is committed to the health and safety of our guests, employees, and the animals in our care. The park has worked diligently with state and local health experts, outside consultants, and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety, and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health, and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.
For detailed information about the measures that guests can expect when visiting the park, including key operational changes, visit buschgardens.com/tampa/safety.
For the latest on Busch Gardens Tampa and other theme parks, attractions, and more across the region, be sure to follow Touring Central Florida on Twitter @androckb & @TourCentralFL, and like our Facebook page.