One of Tampa’s most beloved holiday traditions returns with more twinkling lights, delectable holiday treats, and new jolly adventures. Christmas in the Wild at ZooTampa at Lowry Park immerses guests into a world of seasonal cheer designed to create lasting holiday memories for the whole family. The event kicks-off on Friday, November 29 and continues for select nights throughout the season.
New this year is the Melitta Christmas Market, an immersive European marketplace featuring delicious German food and unique merchandise. Guests can also experience an expanded Santa’s Village for seasonal shopping and magical meetings with Jolly St. Nick and his playful elves before they head back to the North Pole. Families will not want to miss storytime with Mrs. Claus, or the new jolly animal show, “Animal Network Presents; Shopping for All” featuring acclaimed furry and winged ambassadors.
Throughout the event, the Zoo transforms into a winter wonderland with festive entertainment and enchanting decorations including a 50-foot animated Christmas tree complete with 12,000 dancing lights, 2,000 ornaments, and an 8-foot star! The memorable night is capped off with a candlelight processional highlighting everyone’s favorite Christmas tunes.
Tantalizing scents and tastes of delicious holiday treats will emanate throughout Christmas in the Wild as the Zoo’s new head chef, Adrian Young, unveils an innovative menu from a savory holiday burger to a delightfully decadent peppermint mousse. Adults can add some spice to their evening with specialty drinks including a Christmas Sangria and Candy Apple cocktail.
A celebration of the season is not complete without finding that special gift or taking an opportunity to give back. Holiday shopping includes unique and themed gifts that support the Zoo’s mission of conservation. Guests can also purchase the present that keeps on giving joy throughout the year – a Zoo membership or an animal adoption.
- Christmas in the Wild takes place on select nights from November 29- December 23, 2019
- Specific event dates: November 29, 30 & December 6-8, 13- 15, 19-23
- Event starts at 4 p.m. and features extended hours until 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7 p.m. on other days.
- ZooTampa Annual Members and “Pay for a Day, Get Rest of 2019 Free” ticket holders receive unlimited FREE admission to all days of the event.
- Guests with a daily admission ticket on event date receive admission for a full day including Christmas in the Wild.
- After 4 p.m. Christmas in the Wild general guest admission tickets are $26.95
For the latest on ZooTampa and other attractions, theme parks and more across the region, be sure to follow Touring Central Florida on twitter @androckb, @JacobTouringCe1, @TourCentralFL, and give our facebook page a like.