This year, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights will feature the most themed menu offerings in event history, including new food and beverages inspired by the 1980s theme of this year’s event and treats inspired by Netflix’s supernatural thriller “Stranger Things.”
The Executive Chef of Universal Studios Florida, Tom Danboise, and his team are behind the new menu creations. And fun fact: Danboise watched every episode in season one of the critically acclaimed TVseries three times to specifically gather inspiration for the “Stranger Things” offerings at this year’s event.
Here’s what guests can expect to dine on at Universal Orlando Resort:
- Waffles Galore!: All inspired by Eleven’s favorite food, guests can enjoy a variety of waffle treats at “Halloween Horror Nights,” including a Fudge Dipped Waffle on a Stick topped with peanuts and sprinkles; a Waffle Ice Cream Pocket Sundae which features two chocolate chip waffles stuffed with strawberry ice cream and topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, chopped peanuts and a cherry; the Triple Decker Extravaganza, which is Orlando’s version of Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza – and more.
- Syrup & Waffles: Enjoy Eleven’s favorite food…beverage-style! This non-alcoholic frozen drink is a delicious blend of syrup flavors with tiny waffles on top
- Christmas Tree Light Cupcakes: Inspired by the iconic scene from ”Stranger Things” where Joyce uses Christmas lights to communicate with Will, guests can choose from chocolate or red velvet cupcakes, each topped with whipped cream frosting and covered with jelly beans to resemble the colorful lights
- 11 Mini Donuts: These donuts are covered in powdered sugar or cinnamon and topped with red frosting – inspired by the nosebleed Eleven typically has when she uses her telekinesis powers
- Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza: Inspired by the slice of pizza Dustin offers his crush, Nancy, in the first episode of season one
- Benny’s Burgers: Universal Orlando will also feature a Benny’s Burgers food location, where guests can grab a variety of burgers, chicken sandwiches and more
Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights” will also feature additional highly-themed food and beverages inspired by this year’s ‘80s theme and Halloween overall, including a unique Candy Corn frozen drink, a sweet and sour drink called “Gnarly Twist,” a special HHN Tombstone Doughnut at Voodoo Doughnut, and more.
For the latest on Universal Orlando Resort and other theme parks, attractions and more across the region, be sure to follow Touring Central Florida on twitter @TourCentralFL, @androckb, @Emmet_TCF, @JacobTouringCe1, and give our facebook page a like.